news
Share icon

Share

15-year-old boy taken to hospital after pellet gun attack in Tallaght

Published 08:08 26 Jan 2022 GMT

Kat O'Connor
15-year-old boy taken to hospital after pellet gun attack in TallaghtAdd us as a preferred source on Google »

Gardaí says the young boy who was shot in the face had a "lucky escape".

A 15-year-old boy has been injured in a pellet gun attack in Dublin. The incident occurred in Jobstown, Tallaght on Tuesday evening. According to reports, a young boy was rushed to Crumlin hospital, but his injuries are not life-threatening. The teenager suffered minor facial injuries in the attack. Tallaght shooting Emergency services rushed to the scene outside a local newsagent. The attack happened on Bawnlea Avenue shortly after 5 pm. The teenager is currently being treated in Crumlin Children's Hospital but is in a stable condition. Gardaí in Tallaght have launched a full investigation into the attack. There have been no arrests so far. Gardaí are trying to discover if the boy was shot with pellets from a shotgun or a pellet gun. They believe a group of youths was standing outside local shops yesterday evening. According to The Sunday World, a "reckless gunman" then fired shots from a shotgun at the group of teens. Gardaí says the young boy who was shot in the face had a "lucky escape". They said his injuries are "superficial". Gardaí stated: "Gardai are investigating an incident at a shop in Tallaght, Dublin 24, this evening, Tuesday 25th January 2022. "A male juvenile teen received facial injuries. They are not believed to be life-threatening at this time. He has been taken to Crumlin Hospital. "Enquiries are ongoing," they added.

Explore more on these topics: