news
Share icon

Share

‘The fight is not over’: Charlie Gard’s family prepare for court hearings

Published 11:45 9 Jul 2017 BST

Updated 11:46 9 Jul 2017 BST

Orlaith Condon
‘The fight is not over’: Charlie Gard’s family prepare for court hearingsAdd us as a preferred source on Google »

Connie Yates and Chris Gard have said the “fight is not over” as the pair prepare for fresh court hearings this week.

The couple shared an update with supporters last night, thanking them for their help so far, saying: “A huge thank you to all you out there supporting and sharing Charlie’s story. "Please keep going. The fight is not over.” Today the family will join their supporters as they deliver a petition with over 350,000 signatures to Great Ormond Street Hospital where baby Charlie is currently being cared for. The family will appear in court tomorrow as fresh hearings on the 11-month-old’s treatment will be discussed. The case previously made it to the European Court of Human Rights where medical staff won the order saying Charlie’s life support should be turned off. However, on Friday, the hospital said they had applied to return to court after new evidence apparently saying a potential experimental treatment would be shipped from the US to help treat Charlie.

Explore more on these topics: